Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's been a while...

Phew! It's been a while. Life has been crazy! This first year teacher life is exhausting. And if you didn't know, I'm also the high school student council sponsor, therefore leaving little time for blogging. Yikes. So this may be a little bit long.

Homecoming is put on by the student council and that's in two weeks, so I've just been going and going and going. Finally, I broke down and got sick.. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, I haven't been taking real good of my body.

I think it should be illegal to throw student council (very front year loaded) onto a first year teacher. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I really do but it's exhausting. I don't know how I stay a float, that's for sure.

My daily routine:
5:00--Rise and Shine!
6:00-6:15--Start my hour drive to school.
8:00--School starts
   (I have my four 7th grade history classes right of the bat, 5th hour is my planning period, 6th hour is homeroom/study hall, 7th hour is team plan, and 8th hour is US Geography)
3:08--School is over!

After school, I pay bills for student council, make copies, etc.

Thursday, I helped out at our cross country meet here in town and didn't get to leave school until 8:30 and start that hour drive home, yahoo! That was the first night of making big kid sacrifices for my big kid job--missed the first half of the NFL game. :(

Then this past Friday, as soon as school let out I was on to Student Council stuff. I had to prepare the concessions stands for the first football game, since I forgot to mention...Student Council runs the concessions stands at all the athletic events.)

10:30--I left school to start my journey home this past Friday.. got home at about midnight, since the interstate was closed for a shooting.

I went to sleep as soon as I got home and didn't wake up until 12 today..sick too. Cool! Went back to bed at about 1:15 and slept til 4. So today, I haven't accomplished much, which is okay! (Besides being sick)

Most of my frustration and exhaustion comes from student council. I am a co-sponsor that I feel like does 90% of the work, but my perfectionist/OCD won't let things not work right or not get finished. Also, it being my first year as a teacher, I am striving to make a good impression and show administration that I was a wonderful pick, therefore I work 100000x more than I should.

I have always taken on probably more than I should, but it all gets done in the end. That's all that matters right? It will in the end all work out but until then.. it's just a long frustrating journey for me. Luckily for me, my mentor that I was given, has helped me out A TON. It's relieves a little stress knowing I can always ask him a question or for help and he'll help me. I was blessed.

On a side note, Mommy is coming this next weekend. I am excited to see some family for the weekend and hopefully concentrate on non-teaching life. I am going to Flatland's Country Festival with them too. I'm super excited! I get to see Luke Bryan, Kevin Fowler, Darius Rucker, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Kelli Pickler, and more! :) It's going to be a long week waiting for that!

I suppose that's an update on my life for now.. I'm going to try to be a better blogger!

With love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment