Tuesday, July 2, 2013

*4th of July Recipes*

So today, the goal is to explore Pinterest for the perfect 4th of July recipe. I am planning on heading over to a friends house for a 4th of July celebration to eat drink and be merry! However, I don't like to bring the typical store bought dish. She asked me last week what I wanted to bring, and I told her I'd bring a dessert...nowwwww, I have to find one.

There are so many options. Do I want a healthy dessert? Chocolate? Cold? So many options! Chances are, I'll end up making two, so I have more chances to try new recipes! :D

One of my front runners so far is Firecracker Sugar Cookies! It's a sugar cookie with buttercream frosting and red and blue pop rocks on them! I remember pop rocks when I was a child, and they sure are fireworks in your mouth!



The recipe is here: Firecracker Sugar Cookies :) Thanks to MomDot

Another idea is cupcakes. You can never go wrong with cupcakes, right? :)

I saw a picture on pinterest for angel food cupcakes that were red and blue with whipped topping on top with strawberries and blueberries.. That would make it nice and light and SORT OF healthy, right? :)

I would have to wing the recipe because pinterest just included a picture. I hate when that happens, it's a good looking picture, but then there is no recipe attached to it! How rude!

But here is the picture I found! :)

Don't those just look divine?

What's your favorite 4th of July recipe? Have any new recipes you think I should try?! Throw them my way!

With love,
B

1 comment: